Last night, tired of the usual hummus routine, my boyfriend decided to make Baba Ganoush and it was spectacular. Popular in Lebanon and Egpyt, this smoky, delicious dip is easy to make and sure to impress. Make for an appetizer or afternoon snack. Check out the recipe below…
1 large eggplant (about 1 pound)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons tahini paste
2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place eggplant on a cookie sheet lined with foil and bake about 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Let the eggplant cool.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, drain off any liquid, and scoop the pulp into a food processor.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, parsley, tahini, and lemon juice.
- (you might need to split into 2 batches depending on the size of your food processor)
Baba Ganoush is often served cold. Refrigerate up to one week.
Serve with toasted pita, carrots.