If you are looking for the perfect chocolate pie to bake this holiday season, look no further than my Chocolate Cream Pie. A family-favorite, this deliciously creamy and chocolately pie is a guaranteed hit. Start out by baking a homemade pie crust made with Wondra for a more tender, flakier crust than regular flour. Then, prepare 3 boxes of cook & serve chocolate pudding for the pie filling. Top with fluffy homemade whipped cream and you have a delicious, beautiful and easy pie. A Chocolate Cream Pie is a welcome treat during the holidays when tables are usually full of the traditional pumpkin and pecan pies. Enjoy!
Favorite Pie Crust:
1 ¾ cup Wondra flour
1 tsp. salt
¾ cup crisco
¼ cup cold water
3 boxes of cook & serve chocolate pudding mix
5 1/2 cups whole milk (do not use low-fat)
1 pint heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
shaved bittersweet chocolate curls
Make pie crust:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stir flour and salt, add Crisco shortening and mix with electric mixer on low speed adding water at end.
- Form into flattened ball, wrap in waxed paper and chill.
- Then roll out dough with a rolling pin on waxed paper dusted with Wondra and topped with another piece of waxed paper.
- Place in 9″ pie plate and crimp the edges.
- Pierce pie crust all around with tines of fork and then put on tin foil “collar” to keep edges from over-browning.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 7-11 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
Make pie filling:
- Make chocolate pudding according to box directions using 5 1/2 cups milk, bringing to a full boil, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour into cooled, baked pie crust. Refrigerate until set.
- Whip heavy cream, vanilla extract and confectioner’s sugar until soft mounds form.
- Once cool, top pie with whipped cream and shaved chocolate curls, if desired.