If you haven’t noticed, I love the holidays and am so excited to share with you this year’s first Holiday Gift Guide post from The Chic Brûlée ~ 7 Scrumptious Stocking Stuffers. The stocking-size gifts on this list truly keep on giving all year and are sure to impress the food-lovers, bakers, and cooks on your Christmas list. From Madagascar Vanilla extract to whimsical egg turners, we have your stockings covered!
WHERE TO BUY…
1. Set of 2 Measuring Conversion Magnets, $8.95 ~ Sick of Googling cup to tablespoon to ounces to milliliter conversions (yikes!)? Put these two handy magnets on your refrigerator and you will save a great deal of time and frustration when deciphering your recipes (take it from me). It’s especially useful when you are working with a recipe with ingredients listed in ounces or you need to divide a recipe in half or worse, thirds (…I no longer need to enlist the help of my math-loving fiancé in the middle of a recipe). Available at Crate & Barrel.
2. DEAN & DELUCA Moroccan Beef Rub, $9.00 ~ An exotic spice blend of cumin, turmeric, paprika and pepper to feed your adventurous spirit in the kitchen. Use this addictive blend on beef, lamb, vegetables and a variety of other Moroccan-inspired dishes. Available at Dean & Deluca.
3. Tovolo® Spatulart™ Flex Egg Turner, $12.95 ~ Not only is this spatula playful and fun, but it works perfectly as well. The nonstick-safe thin nylon head easily slips under food for a clean lift. Available at Sur La Table.
4. Lungarotti Umbra Colli Martani Olive Oil, $33.80 ~ A premium DOP oil straight from the dreamy Umbrian region of Italy. Set amidst fairytale-like rolling hills and glistening lakes, Umbria is known for its spectacular flavors, and most notably its olive oil. Drizzle this robust, deeply-colored olive oil on just about anything — salads, vegetables, meats and fish all work beautifully with this oil. Available at Eataly.com.
5. Urbani White Truffle Butter, $38.80 ~ The uses of truffle butter are endless and your foodie friend will certainly find a way to savor and enjoy this luxe indulgence. Urbani’s Truffle Butter is made from some of the finest truffles in the world and available to order online. Toss it with your favorite ravioli, drizzle it melted on hot popcorn or try it smeared on filet mignon (see my recipe for Beef Wellington). Available at Urbani.com.
6. Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract, $10.95 (4 oz) ~ My personal favorite and the one item that can single handedly take your baking from average to extraordinary in one step. This premium vanilla extract comes from the Bourbon Island of Madagascar and is made using a special cold extraction process to gently draw out hundreds of the vanilla’s flavor compounds. Once you try the sweet, creamy flavor of this vanilla, you will never go back to the usual grocery market varieties. Worth the splurge! Available at Williams-Sonoma.
7. Sur La Table® Silpat® Baking Mat, $26.95 ~ They say once you try baking with a Silpat, you’ll never go back. The baker on your list will adore using this nonstick surface with cookies, scones and all of their favorite treats. The mats, made of food-grade silicone reinforced glass weave, provide an even transfer of heat and a completely nonstick surface. Available at Sur La Table.