- 2 apples (whatever is local and fresh will do!)
- 1½ cups milk (low-fat is fine)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar + 1 tbsp
- ½ cup flour + 1 tbsp, sifted
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and cut the apples in cubes.
- Butter a 9″ pie dish and place the apple pieces on the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and lemon zest in a bowl (it will look like crepe batter).
- Pour the mixture over the apples in the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the apples are browned on top and the pancake is puffed.
- The “pancake” will deflate when left to cool.
- Let cool 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe by the chic brûlée at http://thechicbrulee.com/2011/11/24/apple-flognarde-a-light-french-clafoutis-dessert/