Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
To-die-for homemade chocolate-covered peanut butter balls.
- 1 16.3 oz jar (or 2 cups) Skippy creamy peanut butter
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners sugar
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Approx 20 oz (1.25 lbs) hard chocolate for dipping, combination of dark/semisweet & milk chocolate to taste (Note: I used 2 “giant” Hershey’s bars– 1 milk chocolate bar, 1 “Special Dark” chocolate–and ½ bag semisweet morsels)
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, butter and Rice Krispies in electric mixer with paddle attachment until blended.
- Form into 1 inch or smaller balls, spread on cookie sheets.
- Chill until firm in refrigerator (overnight is okay).
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double-boiler and keep melted while dipping the balls.
- Dip in melted semisweet and milk chocolate until entire ball is covered, letting excess chocolate drip off.
- Place dipped balls on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate till hardened.
- Store in covered container in cold spot or refrigerator.
Recipe by the chic brûlée at http://thechicbrulee.com/2011/12/13/peanut-butter-balls/