|It's a Raisin Bran Muffin Makeover! |
Author: the chic brûlée
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
the chic brûlée invites you to try a recipe for healthy raisin bran muffins, made with cereal
- 4 cups ready-to-eat raisin bran cereal
- 2 cups fat-free skim milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup regular egg substitute
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- To four cups raisin bran flakes cereal add 2 cups skim milk to soften flakes. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add ½ cup pumpkin and ½ cup egg substitute. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours, ½ cup sugar, 6 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tsp. salt.
- Mix dry ingredients with bran flakes mixture.
- Fill greased muffin tins ⅔ or more full.
Recipe by the chic brûlée at http://thechicbrulee.com/2012/03/06/its-a-raisin-bran-muffin-makeover/