|A Chocolate Chip Cookie Shake-up: Toll House Marble Squares |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 16 mins
Total time: 26 mins
A chocolate chip cookie "cake" that is gooey and decadent.
- 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 10 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. of water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- Blend butter, sugars vanilla and water with mixer.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in nuts if you are using them.
- Spread batter in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run knife through the batter to swirl and marbelize the chips.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cut into bars when cool.
Recipe by the chic brûlée at http://thechicbrulee.com/2012/02/29/4011/