Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
A refreshing, tangy and creamy Margarita Cheesecake.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 12 graham crackers (3-by-5 inch)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1¼ cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 3 tablespoons gold tequila
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 2½ teaspoons grated lime zest, divided
- 4 large eggs
- Very thin lime slices (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9″ springform pan. In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter, sugar, and salt, and pulse all until combined. Press crumb mixture into bottom and about 1 inch up side of pan. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until set and just golden. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy in an electric mixer. Add 1 cup of sour cream, 1 cup of sugar, Triple Sec, tequila, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 teaspoons lime zest and beat all until smooth. Gradually add eggs and beat until combined. Pour filling into cooled crust.
- Bake until softly set, about 50 minutes. Maintain oven temperature. While baking, make sour cream topping. Mix remaining 1 cup sour cream, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice and ½ teaspoon lime zest in small bowl. Pour over cheesecake. Using spatula, gently smooth top. Bake cheesecake 5 minutes longer. Transfer pan to rack and cool completely.
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight. Run a hot knife around edge of pan to release. Garnish cake with thinly sliced lime slices.
Recipe by the chic brûlée at http://thechicbrulee.com/2012/08/13/margarita-cheesecake/