|Mini Blueberry Almond Crisps |
A recipe from Carla Hall for scrumptious Mini Blueberry Almond Crisps
For the Crumble:
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 stick Butter (chilled and cubed)
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour or Quick-Cooking Oats
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sliced Almonds
For the Blueberry Filling:
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 3 cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- First, prepare the crumble. Place all the crumble ingredients into a food processor and process until butter has been cut into the size of peas.
- Next, prepare the filling. Toss the blueberry filling ingredients together, sprinkling on the cornstarch last. Toss to combine thoroughly.
- Spray small ramekins with baking spray. Spoon about half a cup of blueberry filling into each ramekin. Top with about 3 tablespoons of crumble.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and put in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with a scoop of whipped cream, ice cream, or lemon frozen yogurt.
Recipe by the chic brûlée at http://thechicbrulee.com/2013/01/17/mini-blueberry-almond-crisps/