A lightened up version of the British summer classic, Eton Mess
- 150ml (2/3 cup) whipping cream
- 150ml (2/3 cup)
- 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 300g (11 oz) fresh strawberries
- 1 large ready-made meringue, crushed
- Using an electric mixer, whip whipping cream, yogurt, vanilla and 1 tbsp of the sugar for a couple minutes until combined (mixture will be thick).
- Place half of the strawberries and the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar into a food processor and mix until it turns into a puree.
- Finally, layer the cream, crushed meringue, strawberries and purée in glasses, ending with some strawberries and purée on top.
Recipe by the chic brûlée at http://thechicbrulee.com/2013/08/02/lightened-up-eton-mess/