|Frozen Almond Butter Banana Bites |
Delightful frozen banana and almond butter sandwiches covered in rich chocolate - tastes like a bite of an ice cream bar!
- 3 Ripe bananas
- ¼ cup Almond butter
- 10 ounces of Chocolate (I use dark or semi-sweet, but it’s totally up to you based on your preference!)
- Maldon sea salt flakes, for sprinkling (or similar)
- Peel half the bananas and cut into ¼-inch slices. Place slices evenly spaced on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Smear a little bit of the almond butter evenly on top of the slices.
- Peel and slice the remaining bananas and place the slices neatly on top of the almond butter so that they form sandwiches.
- Freeze banana sandwiches on baking sheet for at least 2 hours.
- Once the sandwiches are completely frozen, melt your chocolate using either a double-boiler or the microwave.
- Remove sandwiches from freezer and dip, one a time, in the warm chocolate until completely covered. Remove with a spoon, making sure to drain some of the residual chocolate off, and carefully place back on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat for the remaining sandwiches.
- Before the chocolate has completely dried, sprinkle a tiny amount of Maldon sea salt on each on the sandwiches.
- Freeze baking sheet again for at least 3 hours and then they are ready to eat! I usually store them in a plastic container in the freezer once they are completely frozen.
Recipe by the chic brûlée at http://thechicbrulee.com/2014/09/08/frozen-almond-butter-banana-bites/